The UML-V1 is a CNC lathe machine designed and developed by researchers and academicians of AMMP Centre, University of Malaya, Malaysia. The machine was designed to incorporate industry standard requirements and features while at the same time is user friendly, especially for beginner-level users.
UML-V1 is the first CNC lathe machine designed and developed in Malaysia. The uniqueness of the system is that is was designed for an educational market which is created by experts who are both familiar with education and industry requirements.
- Simplified design hence reduced in weight and using a new structure shape.
- Increase rigidity and stability
- Repeatable assembling/disassembling
- Flexibility in changes in design (dynamic design)-especially for education
- User friendly, especially for beginner-level users
- With unique features:
- Built in camera and external display which can tremendously aid the teaching and learning process
- Add on minimal quantity of cutting fluid in machining
- Smart Optimum Minimal Quantity lubrication for the machine